Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming! (And, my is just a few days away, in case anyone wondered.) With Christmas just around the corner I wanted to share a few last-minute gift ideas for spoonies in our lives.
So, if you are a spoonie you can send this post to the people who love you, and if you aren’t a spoonie but love one here’s a few ideas for Christmas, birthdays, and beyond. Each of these ideas is a product I use and enjoy so I know it will benefit others.
1 . Heated neck warmers – whether it’s achy shoulders or an achy neck these reheatable neck and shoulder warmers can really help reduce pain, and tension, and take the chill off. Even better if you need cold therapy for your aches and pains these can be used either hot or cold (~$30).
2. Serenitea – trouble sleeping comes with the territory when you live the Spoonie Life, but Serenitea can help. The tea is made from a special blend of herbs that helps you fall asleep easier and stay that way through the night (~$21).
3. Heated throw – We have two of these now, one throw, and now a queen size heated blanket of the same material that lives on our bed. To be honest I can feel the wires a bit more in the throw but not so much in either of them to make it uncomfortable when it’s on top of me (~$50).
4. Bath overflow cover – A bath in epson salts is part of my nightly ritual but I like to make sure I’m totally covered in the bath and this helps that happen. This little thing suctions over the overflow so that you can fit another 2-4″ of water in the tub (~$7).
5. Kindle – Every Spoonie should have a Kindle. Whether it’s resting while you read a good book, or relaxing and watching your favorite movies or tv shows or just playing a game. Kindles are light-weight and provide so much valuable entertainment for so little (~$50+).
6. The Patient’s Playbook – this is an excellent resource for any patient, but I think the info is so important for those of us who live with chronic illness. You can check out my full review here. the book is available in hardcover as well as on audio and digital editions (Hardcover ~$16).
7. Volcano Oil – This is a great line of natural pain-relief products that includes epson salts, gel, a roll-on liquid and a massage oil. I’m particularly fond of the gel and the roll-on, great for tension headaches (~$12.99).
8. Cute Pill Cases – we are forever lugging our meds around, what better than to do so in style? (~$20)
9. Ezy Dose Pill packaging system– While we are talking about lugging pills around. Why not make it easier for them to do so with an Ezy Dose pill packaging system. This awesome little gadget makes it easy to package up your pills in easy little packets.
So, what other can’t miss gift ideas do you have for spoonies? How about a gift card to go with that Kindle? Or maybe some other books that you feel every Spoonie should read? Check out the links below for even more ideas.
More Gift Guides:
- 15 Most Requested Gifts from People Who Have Chronic Illness
- Gifts for People with Chronic Illness
- 8 Gifts Your Loved One, With Chronic Illness, Really Wants
- 20 Great Gift Ideas for Those with Chronic Illness