I happily welcome guest posts; however, because I do get a lot of requests to guest post I have a few requirements to make things easier for all of us.
About Counting My Spoons
Counting My Spoons is a blog focused on inspirational living for those with chronic illness. Therefore your guest post should fit that theme. Chronic illness is a key element and must play a role in any guest post you submit. Guest post suggestions that are completely off-topic will be met with a reply that will be less than friendly. If your submission is obviously automated it will be ignored (or at best replied to with an unfriendly reply). Please see the below guidelines before submitting any suggestions for guest posts. Guest posts are reserved for posts from other bloggers. If you are not a blogger and simply looking to place content for PR or SEO purposes, please contact me regarding sponsored content.
Guest Post Guidelines
- Please send only new content (or greatly revised). Fresh Content is highly encouraged.
- Content must be related to living with a chronic illness. Posts dealing with Fibromyalgia, Migraines, and Endometriosis will be given priority.
- Posts must be at least 500 words.
- You may link to up to 2 of your existing blog posts from within your guest post. Please limit external links to a total of 5 for your entire post (this includes links to other sources).
- If you mention a statistic or fact please cite your source.
- Please include a picture with your post. You are welcome to include more than one picture, but please include at least one photo of yourself. You may also include another photo (or photos) that pertain to the article. You must have rights to use the photos.
- Please include a short author bio that will be included with the article. (If you have blog, website, or social media links that you want included, please include them in your bio).
- Please submit your post ideas for approval before submitting the full article.
- All guest posts will be pre-approved before posting.
- I reserve the right to refuse any guest post, for any reason.
- Please make sure that all submissions are error-free.
- There will be no payment rendered for guest posts. Guest posts are an opportunity for cross-promotion. I will promote your article and expect you to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I send you my topic ideas first?
Yes. Please contact me before sending me posts to ensure that I have availability for guest posts and to discuss your topic ideas and make sure that they fit within my blog theme.
- What topics best fit within your blog theme?
Anything related to chronic illness is a good start. My focus is on inspirational themes of living well with chronic illness. While I live with specific chronic illnesses, I am certainly open to topics related to other illnesses. However, topics that apply to any chronic illness would be best.
- How long should my post be?
At least 500 words. But, shoot for at 800 words.
- Should I include a photo with my post?
Yes, please include a photo that fits the theme of your post. You should either own the rights to your photo or they should be available in creative commons.
- Can I include my bio and URL?
Yes, please include a short bio 150 words or less, a photo, and your URL, as well as any other contact info you’d like to include.
Ready to Submit a guest post?
If you would like to submit a guest post please email me with a brief introduction of who you are, what your blog is about, and provide 1-3 topic ideas, with a short explanation of the post you will write. Once I have reviewed your submission, if I feel it is appropriate for Counting My Spoons I will ask you to submit the post. When you submit your post please be sure to include your author bio and an image. Please keep in mind that I still reserve the right to refuse the guest post after you submit it if I do not feel it is appropriate for my blog, or if it does not meet the guidelines above. Please note that I also reserve the right to edit your post where necessary.
If you have any other questions that are not answered here please feel free to contact me.