I slept like crap last night. Looking at my Fitbit it was another restless night. It’s amazing how I can sleep through it but wake up so unrested. But, that’s how it was. It could be the long day I had yesterday that wore me out but not in the way that lets me get good sleep. Or, it could be the beginning of my cycle. Or, it just could be another of “those” nights, as I have plenty of them. The really good nights of sleep are far fewer than the bad nights. I really miss waking up feeling refreshed (which I did for most of last year).
Thankfully, I have something on hand that is better than coffee at waking me up and leaving me feeling like I slept much better than I did. I’m so happy that I’ve been able to start my year with Zeal for Life drink.
I was skeptical when a distributor contacted me about this product, mainly because it’s sold in an MLM type marketing program. That said, I know there are some amazing products that are sold via MLM (several that I’ve used). Despite knowing that, I’m still always skeptical because while there are some amazing products there are also those that seem to exist more to sign people up in the stream than to actually sell a quality product. Thankfully, I think that some companies are starting to see that they have to set themselves apart and while they can still be set up as an MLM, if their product is good they don’t need to make people sign up to distribute it in order to buy it. Such is the case with Zeal for Life. No sign-up fees, no need to sell it to your friends, just buy what you need and enjoy.
What is Zeal for Life?
Zeal for Life is a nutritional supplement drink. It’s filled with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and nutrients that our bodies (especially our bodies with chronic illness) need, including:
- Chicory Root – dietary fiber that helps protect the gut and improve intestinal health
- Guarana – natural caffeine to increase energy
- Aloe Vera – helps protect the gut and reduce intestinal inflammation
- Lysine – plays a major role in calcium absorption, building muscle protein, and the body’s production of hormones, enzymes, and antibodies
- Turmeric extract – improves immune function and acts as a natural anti-inflammatory
- Moringa oleifera powder – excellent source of many vitamins and nutrients
- Maca powder – adaptogen that improves stamina, endurance, energy, hormone balance, and supports a healthy mood.
- Grape seed extract – helps promote healthy circulation
- Wild blueberry powder
- Green tea extract – improves mental alertness and clear thinking (as well as overall mood and well-being)
- Broccoli powder – supports bone health, healthy aging, improved digestion, and natural body detoxification
- Fennel (seed) powder – helps promote healthy lung and digestive system
- Goji berry extract – supports healthy blood sugar
- Noni juice powder – helps support immune system
- Chlorella powder,
- Yerba mate powder – relieves mental and physical fatigue
- Gotu kola powder – promotes healthy memory, cognitive function, and mental well-being
- Milk thistle powder,
- Bacopa extract – supports brain and nervous system functions; supports normal memory and brain function; promotes a sense of calm.
- Ashwagandha powder – support for stress and memory function
- Red ginseng powder – promotes healthy immune system and detoxification
- Kudzu (root) powder – helps promote healthy weight control
I’ve often talked about how juicing first thing in the morning is like mainlining nutrients. It often gives me a nice increase in energy and I feel that this does much the same thing but it seems to last longer. You can actually mix this powder in with your morning juice (I’ve done this a few times), but if you have diabetes it’s not suggested as it will increase your blood sugar too much too fast. However, if you don’t have diabetes doing so can increase how well this works (at least it does for me). While my morning green juice has a lot of nutrients this adds even more.
What does Zeal for Life do?
The combination of ingredients in Zeal for Life help provide improved energy, stamina, and focus, something those of us with chronic illness (especially Fibromyalgia and CFS) are seriously lacking. I often find my brain is all over the place. I have trouble staying on task, I have zero energy to start with and what little I have feels as if it’s sucked out of me by 3pm. But, when I take Zeal for Life, I feel alert, I can focus on the task at hand and actually get work done without worrying that I’m missing some major piece of information. And, my energy actually lasts through the day.
When the distributor sent my first canister she highly suggested that I take it twice a day. I’ve rarely needed to do that. Most days taking it in the morning is plenty. However, on really bad days (like today) when I wake up with the life just sucked out of me feeling like I’m not going to get anything done I will take it twice. On these days after the first drink I feel better but not as good as I usually do after taking it, but drinking it again a few hours late seems to even things out.
What does Zeal for Life taste like?
Zeal for Life comes in three flavors. I’ve tried two of them. The flavors are great. The Berry flavor is the one I’ve drank the most and it’s a great mixed-berry drink. This is their most popular flavor. It reminds me a bit of a mixed-berry kool-aid. I also tried the Strawberry Kiwi flavor which has a little more tang to it. I liked it just as well. There is also a Tropic Dream flavor, which I’ve not yet tried.
Zeal for Life also comes in a Vegan formulation (available in Bold Grape, Wild Berry & Tropic Dream). There are a few differences in the ingredients between the two formulations and I was told that they’ve not seen as good results with the Vegan formulation (that when those who had previously used the non-Vegan switched to Vegan they saw an increase in symptoms).
How much does Zeal cost?
Zeal isn’t cheap. It’s about $75 per canister (a 1 month supply if you take it once a day as I did). But, it’s worth it. That comes out to a little less than $3/day (which is less than a fancy coffee and about the same as an energy drink). You can order Zeal here.
If you decide (as I did) that it works well for you, you can sign up for their auto-ship program, which adds 12 single serve canisters to your order and lowers the price to just $65 after the first order.