I’m really excited that Counting My Spoons has been nominated for “Best Healthcare Blog” in Healthline.com’s annual best blog awards contest. It’s basically a popularity contest, as both the nominations and the winner is decided based on your votes.
It really means a lot to me that one (or more) of you nominated me in the first place. Just to be on the list is pretty huge, but thanks to many votes already Counting My Spoons actually does have a chance at winning this year. Last I checked we were hovering around #5, but we are going to need a LOT more votes if we want to win this thing.
In order to win, I really need your help (and HealthLine really didn’t make this easy). I’ve sent out a few emails about this and many of you have let me know that you are voting often (and I really appreciate that). Unfortunately, many of you have also let me know about the issues that you’ve had with voting, because of all the hoops they make you jump through to vote.
So, here’s my step-by-step guide for how to vote:
- Click here to visit the HealthLine Best Health Blogs Contest page.
- Wait for the page to fully load (this takes a while sometimes and you’ll be left thinking that it’s loaded when it hasn’t). If it doesn’t say “vote for your favorite health blog” and give you a message to scroll down to vote, the page hasn’t loaded completely.
- Once the page loads completely scroll down to the list of blogs and look for Counting My Spoons. (if the list is in order of most votes you should see it somewhere around #5). If the list isn’t in order of votes you can just type “Counting My Spoons” in the search box to bring it up.
- Once you see the listing for Counting My Spoons, enter your email address and click vote.
- You aren’t done yet. The page will probably gray out and you’ll need to scroll up to see a captcha box to confirm you are human.
- Scroll back down to Counting My Spoons and make sure it shows a checkmark and “voted”. Otherwise it will give you a message about confirming your email address (click the link to have it send you an email confirmation).
- Check your email (especially the updates/promotions folders) for the email confirmation message and follow those instructions.
- Vote daily – the good news is you only have to confirm your email address once, but you’ll probably have to go through that captcha thing a few times.
Healthline.com is offering a very generous $1000 prize to the winner of the contest. If I win I plan to use that $$ towards writing a book that will include and expand on much of the info and advice I’ve given here. Writing a book is something that I’ve wanted to do for some time, and while writing is free, publishing is unfortunately not.
I really appreciate each and every one of you so much, and thank you for taking the time to vote (whether once or daily). Every one of your votes means a lot to me so please keep them coming for the next week as we push to try to win this thing. I know that with your help it can happen. You can also help by sharing this with your friends and encouraging them to vote as well.
Please click here to cast your vote. And, don’t forget you can vote daily until Dec. 12 (fwiw, Dec. 11 is my birthday and this would make an awesome birthday present.)