It’s that time of year again, when you are searching away trying to find the perfect stocking stuffers for someone you love. If that someone happens to have chronic illness (aka. they are a spoonie) then I’ve got some great ideas for you. I can tell you that each of these items are something that I would personally be overjoyed to find in my stocking.
*some of the links below may be affiliate or sponsored links
1. The Fay Farms CBD products (all of them) – CBD Muscle Rub, Healing Hemp CBD Lotion, Serenity lotion, and Rejuvenation lotion are all in my go-to list. I travel with travel size versions of each. I keep a travel-size muscle rub in my purse. I give away sample size jars of the muscle rub to anyone I encounter that’s in pain. I really do love this stuff that much. Both the original size and the travel sizes would be great for stocking stuffers.
2. FibroSleep from ProHealth – while I’m thinking of sleep, FibroSleep has been a huge help for me. I initially tried it for a review and have since re-ordered a couple of bottles (I’m about due to re-order again). I can’t take the full suggested dosage of 2 pills, but 1 is plenty for me. It’s actually amazing how much faster I fall asleep when I combine both FibroSleep with Serenitea.
3. FibroCane Serenitea – Serenitea is an herbal tea blend that helps calm and relieve stress making it easier to sleep. I drink Serenitea before bedtime every night and it makes a big difference in how well I sleep.
4. Bottomless Bath Overflow – If taking a bath is part of your spoonie’s daily or nightly ritual then they will really love finding a Bottomless Bath Overflow in their stocking. I take a bath every night that I’m home, unless something weird happens. A warm bath helps me relax and because it’s become part of my routine it helps me tell my brain that it’s time to quiet down and relax. Because I don’t have a garden tub I always want a little more water in the tub than the overflow will allow. An overflow cover lets me make sure that I’m covered with water in the bath.
5. Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salts – Another item your bath-loving spoonie will love is Epsom salts. If you want to be really nice to them buy the scented ones. I usually just buy the unscented and add my own essential oils, because I’m too cheap to pay for the scented ones. And, yeah I realize these may be a little too big for a stocking stuffer.
6. Essential Oils – While I’m thinking of adding essential oils to the bath, that reminds me that they would make excellent stocking stuffers. I would especially enjoy a nice sent of essential oil blends like this set from Organic Aromas or even this one from Radha Beauty.
7. Organic Aromas Diffuser – This diffuser might be a bit big for the stocking (at least if you leave it in the box it might), but it would make a great gift if not a stocking stuffer. It’s a gorgeous piece on its own but add to it then really neat LED light inside and the amazing job it does of diffusing essential oils and it’s really a perfect gift for anyone (spoonie or not).
8. PillSuite – This is a perfect stocking stuffer for your spoonie on the go, or even just a spoonie who deals with lots of pills and wants life to be a little easier and more organized. I love having personal little pillsuites with the meds I need to take.
9. Apothacary Extracts Tea Tree Oil – Speaking of essential oils, the one oil we use the most of in our house is tea tree oil. This essential oil not only smells great but it has antibiotic and antiviral components that make it great for using around the house for cleaning, air-freshening and really just about anything. We even use it in our laundry.
10. Thinx Period Panties – If your spoonie has periods, they’ll appreciate Thinx Period Panties. Trust me. A few folks thought my review of these panties was just something I was paid to do, but no, I actually asked for these and I love them.
11. Spoon Creations – Give your Spoonie something that says “I really get you” by giving them a Spoonie creation. I specifically love the creations from Nick Lutes (a fellow spoonie). He creates these amazing figures out of spoons and has something for every personality. He also has some amazing jewelry and if you don’t see the perfect item he can probably custom-create it for you. You can find a lot of other amazing spoonie creations on Etsy.com
12. Fresh Assist Spray – If your spoonie lives with IBS then they’ll appreciate Fresh Assist. Simply spray Fresh Assist on your toilet paper before you wipe and it leaves you feeling cleaner and fresher. As much as I love my bidet I can’t take it with me, so instead I take Fresh Assist Spray.
13. OSKA – if there’s no price limit on your stocking stuffers, I highly suggest that you request an OSKA for your stocking (or just request an OSKA outside of your stocking). This thing is rather amazing, and uses the natural electrical field of your body to promote healing (and yes it really does work).
14. Chronic Ally Box – I received the November Chronic Ally Box and I was really impressed with the thought and care that was in that box. This is an amazing monthly gift box for those of us with chronic illness focused on self-care.
15. Better Water – The products from pHwatr are really amazing. The magnesium stick can be used in any water bottle to hydrogenate your water, and their filters can be used in their pitcher or other filter pitchers to create clean hydrogen-rich water. Check out my review of these products.
16. MantraBands – these are great little gold or silver bracelets that help you remember your mantra. They’ve helped me focus on being more positive and remembering not to sweat the small stuff.
I’ve got a few more ideas for you in last year’s Spoonie Gift Guide.
Need more gift ideas? Check out these lists from my fellow Chronic Illness Bloggers:
- Fibromyalgia Gift Guide from FedUpWithFatigue.com
- Chronic Illness Gift Guide from ChronicMom.com
- Holiday Gift Guide for Mind, Body & Spirit from ChronicMomLife.com
- What to buy a migraine sufferer for Christmas
- Chronic Illness Gift Guide from February Stars