Today is a special day, it’s the release day for the HERO smart-home appliance. Their website has been vague for weeks teasing us with the idea of a smart appliance that would make taking care of our health easier. But, today we finally get the details, and the details are not just cool they are sexy. At least that’s my opinion.
*This post is sponsored
I had the chance a couple of days ago to chat with Ali from HERO and he shared how this snazzy little appliance works. It looks a bit like a fancy espresso maker, but instead of dispensing caffeinated goodness, it’ll dispense my pills and even remind me to take them. My kitchen is so much smarter than I am.
HERO stores a 30-day supply of up to 10 different pills. You tell it what time you need to take those pills and it’ll even send you a reminder via the connected app. It locks so that you don’t have to worry about the wrong person taking your pills. You can set it to only give you those pills at a certain time, or you can have some pills set to dispense as needed. It’s all up to you.
We created HERO to make it easier and more intuitive to care for ourselves and our loved ones. The user’s experience and well-being is our first priority.” – Kut Akdogan, co-founder of HERO.
I know, many of us have more than 10 pills that we take, and I asked Ali about this. He told me that you can sit two HEROs side-by-side and they will work as one unit. How cool is that, they are smart enough to talk to each other and to your app, giving you just the pills you need when you need them.
Not only does HERO make it easier to take care of yourself, but if you have a loved one that you look after, the handy app will alert you when they’ve taken their meds, or alert you that they are late doing so, so that you can call them up and give them a nudge. This smart appliance makes it easier to take care of yourself and those you love.
The app connects you to your meds and makes sure that you are keeping your schedule. I gives yout:
- Reminder notifications let you know “It’s time to take your 8 am dose”
- Notifications on loved ones – If you are a caregiver you can keep be alerted that “Mom missed her 8 am dose” and follow up as needed
- Adherence tracking allows you to monitor your family’s adherence to medications schedules over certain time periods (“John’s adherence to lipitor was 85% last month”)
- Inventory/level information lets you know when your medications are running low so you can reorder
- Amazon connect – if you take supplements, you can reorder them via Amazon directly from the app
- Multi-device management – For those who take more than 10 medications, the app will seamlessly connect multiple HEROs together
- Power outage & security (tampering) notifications alert you if the power goes out or someone tries to open the device
HERO will put an end to the mountain of pill bottles on your counter, and to wondering which ones you are meant to take at this time or that. You’ll no longer have to remember if you took that pill, nor will you have to spend an hour each week packing your weekly pill carriers. It’s about time someone took all this awesome technology and created something that really does make our lives simpler and smarter.
HERO transforms an extremely convoluted method of pill consumption and management into a simple, accessible and personal experience that’s also enjoyable for the patient or caregiver.” – Kal Vepuri, co-founder of HERO.
I’m really excited about this new product and I look forward to seeing it not only hit the market but hit my counter-top. I love the design of it and how sexy it looks. You can see it in the images, how it just blends into the kitchen so seamlessly.